Fear Island

STARRING: Haylie Duff,Aaron Ashmore,Lucy Hale
YEAR: 2009
RUN TIME: 1hr, 15mins
MY RATING: 6/10

Fear Island is a movie I had been contemplating watching for a while. I've seen it on my suggested movies list  on Netflix quite a few times but, passed it up due to the name. It sounded so silly to me so I never gave it a chance well I finally did and I can honestly say it was actually entertaining. Basically, a group of old friends go to a secluded island to spend the weekend in a cabin-esque lake house and of course their phones don't work. A girl named Megan somehow snuck onto the their boat and ended up on the island with them,
lucky for her they were all pretty welcoming. After a night of partying things start to go awry when the group is stalked by a vengeful killer the films takes the who done it route. As they try to figure out which one among them is the killer they are picked off one by one and our mystery murderer leaves clues in the form of painted words that make up an anagram. A dark secret is then revealed by one of our genius characters and that's when the crew realizes that this killer is out for revenge, that's all I'll say as to avoid spoilers. Haylie Duff and Aaron Ashmore did a decent acting job while, the rest of the cast was so-so. The kills weren't really anything special I honestly don't even recall seeing any of the characters actually die. It was more like "Oh where's Blah Blahblah?" or "So and So is gone" and then the person is discovered dead. The interrogation scenes reminded me slightly of Saw not that this movie was by any means like a Saw film but, it gave me that vibe and as a proud Saw nerd that made me happy. One thing I can say that there wasn't really any dull parts or slow moving scenes so I never felt bored. There's also a maaaajor twist at the end  that I totally didn't expect! The film did a really good job throwing tons of red herrings around so throughout the movie I really didn't know who the killer would turn out to be I was thinking it was one character and out of left field I get served quite a twist. I was like NO WAAY! made me wanna slap my momma! Kidding. There were some plot holes that popped into my head after the big reveal but, I'm not really bothered by that however, if you're a stickler for that sort of thing I am going to just come out and say you probably will not enjoy Fear Island. Although I didn't find them to be anything major so I could be wrong here, that's why they call it an opinion. I'd say give this movie a shot it held my attention and I didn't think it was half bad I was entertained so check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment