I Spit On Your Grave 2

STARRING: Jemma Delander, Yavor Barharov, Joe Absolom
YEAR: 2013
RUN TIME: 1hr, 46 mins
MY RATING: 5/10


I Spit On Your Grave 2. Essentially the same story as the first with some changes. This time our Antagonist is Kate (Jemma Delander) and she has set out to be a model however, her portfolio is not up to snuff. Queue the creepy Craigslist (assuming) photographers. Katie ends up meeting up with Ivan (Joe Absalom) who seems nice at first and begins shooting her portfolio pictures of course as we all know, no one can get anywhere without topless photos (was that sarcasm?) so Ivan tries convincing Katie that she should take some photos sans top. She declines and is welcomed with a decline from him to get her photos. Later, Georgy (Yavor Barharov) is at Katie's door to give her the photos, she accepts them and bids him adieu. Georgy, being the scumbag that he is isn't satisfied with anything less than getting in her pants sooo he barges in and proceeds to rape her and kill her neighbor who comes to the rescue. Ivan and Nicholay (Aleksandar Aleskiev) show up to help Georgy cover up the mess he's gotten himself in, drug Katie and kidnap her to Bulgaria. She's awaken to find herself chained up in their basement where the raping and torture continue. I do not enjoy watching helpless girls brutally raped by any means but, I sit through the pain since I know she will get her well deserved revenge on them later on in the film and boy does she. While the first one had a much better story and the revenge was sweet I found myself rooting much harder for Katie I'm not sure if it was due to her getting it much worse or what. This movie was not the greatest but, it was entertaining. Jemma Delander was a bit over the top especially once she captured her attackers and began shrieking at them but, it wasn't enough to take me out of the story. I truly felt bad for her throughout the movie I even started believing that she wasn't going to get back at them because, this poor girl could not catch a break! Not to mention she was lost in a foreign country on top of all of the torment she endured. I did find the pacing of this film to be a bit rushed but, I won't harp on that too much seeing as there was a lot of plot to fit in. Steven Monroe's directing style was well done he had plenty of close up shots when appropriate and they didn't come of as contrived. The setting freaked me out to be honest. I think ever since hostel I have a huge fear of being caught in a shifty situation in a foreign country so it really got to me. There was a little bit of CGI which, of course I didn't care for but, it was mild so I'll move on. Overall I Spit On Your Grave isn't terrible and it isn't superb. I'd say it falls somewhere in the middle however, I was entertained so I'll recommend it if you haven't seen it. I do not see myself watching this movie again I felt it was a one time view and that's that. Until next time horror fans, You stay classy!


No comments:

Post a Comment