Carrie

STARRING: Chloe Grace Moretz, Julianne Moore, Judy Greer, Portia Doubleday
YEAR:2013
RUN TIME: 1hr, 40mins
MY RATING: 7/10


Outcast Carrie White is tormented by high school bullies and violently sheltered by her religious mother Margaret White. She discovers telekinetic powers in herself, and after a prank at the Prom unleashes terror on her town after being pushed too far. Basically, the Carrie remake is a carbon copy of the original with some tweaks. I have not read the book so I can not comment on how the two compare. To me this was a drama with a horror climax we all know the story of Carrie so saying that this story is about a homely girl who get's bullied, and then asked to prom by a cute boy and voted prom queen only to have her dreams crushed when she finds out it's a prank and gets pig's blood dumped on her head..is not worthy of a spoiler alert. I personally like Chloe Grace Moretz and think she's a talented young actress so when I first heard about them remaking Carrie with her as the lead I was pretty much sold. The first half of this movie shares some details of Carrie's life showing us that she get's it rough whether she's at school or at home with her cray cray momma White. Chloe brings a likeability to the role and you genuinely feel sadness and sympathy for the character. Julianne Moore is creepy as Margaret and Portia Doubleday did a good job as mean girl Chris (I know just about everyone in my theater applauded her glorious end) while Judy Greer was a great support system for Carrie, Gabriella Wilde didn't really wow me as Sue but, the girl is effing gorgeous! The climactic scenes were done really well with the exception of them turning to my digital enemy for most of the effects I will say I was too preoccupied with Carrie exacting her revenge to really notice. I am not the type of person that compares every detail of an original and a remake, I feel that's not giving remakes their fair chance if you are already expecting something inferior. Give Carrie a chance I say! And as an individual film not a remake and I think most of you will enjoy it, maybe not over and over but, at least the one time. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment