Cottage Country

STARRING: Tyler Labine, Malin Akerman, Lucy Punch
YEAR: 2013
RUN TIME: 1hr, 31mins
MY RATING: 4/10

Todd is planning to propose to his girlfriend Cammie at his family's lake house and hopes everything goes perfectly. Of course nothing goes as planned when his brother Salinger shows up with his girlfriend Masha [WHAT!?] and ruins everything. Todd and Salinger don't get along and end up in an intense brotherly scuffle where Todd accidentally kills Salinger. From that point the happy couple decides to dispose of the body and off anyone who stands in their way of covering up the murder. Cottage Country is more of a comedy mystery than it is horror. It starts off with some decent laughs but, the second half draaags onnn. I felt like most of this movie I sat there waiting for them just to get caught so it would end. Perhaps I was just tired since it was 3am but, I quickly became bored with this movie and the obnoxious couple talk and pet names I found somewhat funny in the beginning, started to annoy me. I applaud the effort of this film but, the execution was not done well in my opinion. The story could've created a great movie that I could've enjoyed I felt it had a potential that was not achieved and ended up pretty lackluster. I'm going to keep this short because there were no real stand out moments in this film for me to mention. Ok, I lied the way Todd "accidentally" kills Salinger is quite shocking but, that's about it. I do not recommend this movie unless there is nothing else to rent from Red Box. Until next time, you stay classy.

CLICK HERE FOR COTTAGE COUNTRY'S IMDB PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment